Thursday, August 27, 2009

im the only demon that i will forever keep

i was so sure wasn't i? sign, sealed and confirmed.
that i didn't even need to hesitate when signing it all away.
but i've been waiting on go, collect $200 only lasts for so long
i've lost turns just to become a prisoner of my own monopoly.
so i hoard...
all of my unanswered thoughts, questions, fears..
of self doubt, of their doubt
when i used to know without hesitation which hemisphere i was facing.
now everything is coming unwound like the dwindling of a spinning monster truck toy.
slowly floating my ego and energy back to reality
when i hit 10,000 feet that's when my fears appeared
i had been living in the clouds and damning my past below.
down casted eyes beaming on the ones whom i fell victim to
but im always quick to point blame arent i?
we all are.

so its ring ring ring
can you save me from my thoughts?
its a quarter passed two and i can't sleep
and you repeat repeat repeat
in your over-xanax relieved tone
that im the only demon that i will forever keep



No comments: