Friday, June 19, 2009

running far is better than fast...

i guess i shouldn't be surprised
its just like you to bring me this far out
leading me to believe we're setting sail together
really, you just didn't want anyone to hear me scream
when you left..
 
but can you really be gone 
when you were always transparent in some way
your skin, pasted white even as i reach out
just to make sure your blood hasn't frozen over
from your cold heart...

you could be the jellyfish in my sea
as the sharks frenzy around me
and just in case, you felt you were a little to late
just shock me slowly and discretely... 
no one will see...

the thing is though, this time the jokes on you
your tentacles numb me into a moment
where i cant even feel my good-bye i'm now bracing
tears stunned in place as if the show was on mute
because words release truth...

and i want so badly to turn around
to embrace my heart to you even if its to your drive
but to give in again once more to a single rendezvous
would be cheating my instincts and my direction
no more spinning...

god, i never wanted to let you go
can't you see what you have done to me
pulling me off the shelf like a tainted doll for your pleasure
seducing me into believing i was your childhood joy forever
your innocent velveteen....

how do you cope after you finally see clear
pointing out my clarity only ricochets off stubborn brick
so i am left to count days until i can escape from this town
because your grasp extends passed the physical state
running far is better than fast...




No comments: